Get your house ready for the winter months
GET YOUR HOUSE READY FOR THE WINTER MONTHS
As the weather is starting to get cooler, getting cozy indoors is all we want to do. Here are our tips to make the best out of the season and decorate your house appropriately for maximum coziness.
As neighbors have started decorating their house for Christmas, we decided to focus more on a winter look to feel the season spirit without getting the Christmas decoration out too soon.
Grab your hot tea, wrap yourself in your blanket, and let’s go!
- ART - Give your art pieces a makeover. Switch the pictures in the frames, change the candles holders. Think winter landscapes and cozy quotes.
- COLORS - We love the different winter color palettes. Try mixing a bold black or dark green with natural elements such as wood. Go for more earthy tones with a mix of browns, tan, and light orange. Or go more neutral and brighter with creamy tones. You can add those colors on the walls or, if you don’t feel like repainting, pick them for soft furnishings (such as rugs, curtains, blankets).
- BASKETS - Extra fuzzy and soft blankets are a must for the season. Make sure they match your interior and add them to a basket for easy access while keeping the space organized.
- RUG - Get a new rug that will make you want to walk barefoot even on colder days. That will really give your space an extra cozy feeling.
- LIGHTING - Make sure you have enough lights around the house for every mood as the days are getting shorter. Some brighter and some softer options to keep the mood cozy. Add light strings for extra magic. You can place them in a jar and make it a centerpiece.
- RIED NATURE - Decorate your interior with a dried leaves arrangement that will last all winter and will make you feel connected to the new season. Have a potpourri bowl with some winter favorites like dried orange to spread that comforting smell in your home.
- FRONT DOOR WREATH - Share that cozy winter energy starting at the front porch. Add a wreath on your front door that will make a big impact without much investment.
You can either buy one already made or make an afternoon out of it and make your own.
Here again, if you keep the colors and decoration pieces within your wreath neutral you will be able to put it up during the entire winter without it looking like Christmas.
- DOORMAT - This is also the perfect occasion to switch up (or add) a doormat. Not only will it be convenient to wipe off rain, snow, or mud before entering the house, but it will also add a nice touch when welcoming guests to your house. Don’t be afraid to add a personal note to it.
- OUTDOOR PLANTS - We don’t necessarily associate winter with plants though some wonderful species last all winter or even year long.
Japanese Yew is a great option, as well as Potted Blue Spruce, usually used as a Christmas tree but they can also be kept in smaller pots. Other ideas include: Thread-Branch Cypress, Winter Gem Boxwood, or English Boxwood.
Are you excited to step into winter fully and make your house extra cozy? We are here to help you if you need support. Let’s make staying inside cool again! Contact us today.